A new 35-kilometer Airport Express Line metro will connect Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) to the envisioned Navi Mumbai airport.
Mumbai: A new 35-kilometer Airport Express Line metro will connect Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) to the envisioned Navi Mumbai airport. The metro line is planned to carry 9 lakh passengers per day and would cost roughly Rs 15,000 crore.
Here is all you need to know –
- The project will be carried out by two development bodies, MMRDA and City and Industrial Development Corporation (CIDCO).
- The MMRDA (through Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), will build metro line 8 from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA) to Mankhurd, which is an 11.1 km stretch. Meanwhile, CIDCO will work on the stretch from Mankhurd to Navi Mumbai airport.
- On the Mumbai side, the road will be largely deep underground. The railway will most likely run underground between Andheri and the Eastern Express Highway in Ghatkopar.
- Currently, the two airports do not have any mass rapid transport system to connect them. However, the metro for Navi Mumbai airport has been on the MMRDA’s master plan for the last 8 years.
- Commercial operations are likely to start in 2025.
This airport is not connected to Mumbai’s international airport by a mass rapid transit system (MRTS). A metro to Navi Mumbai Airport has been in the Metropolitan Region Development Authority’s (MMRDA) master plan since 2014.
The Mumbai side of this metro line would be primarily underground, according to the authorities. The Eastern Express Highway in Ghatkopar would most likely be reached by the train travelling underground from Andheri. Through the Ghatkopar-Mankhurd link road, it will be raised from Ghatkopar to Mankhurd.
Commercial operations at Navi Mumbai airport are expected to begin in 2025.
Read More : Navi Mumbai News
About The Author
- Cricket Batting Tips
- Cricket Bating Tips
- 10cric: The Premier Casino Site For Indian Players Who Love Gaming And Winning
- Casino Hotel Thrissur
- Teen Patti Master
- Betln Exchange
- Betline Exchange
- Sky Exchange 247.com
- Crex Cricket Exchange
- Bet Star Exchange
- Cricket New Hindi
- Most Centuries In T20 International Cricket By Team
- Sports News Cricket
- I P L Cricket 2022
- Live Cricket Match India Vs South Africa